Internet shop. What to consider when creating
Even professionals admit that creating an online store is not easy. In this article, we will try to identify common mistakes that occur in the process of developing and operating resources for online trading. Development of an online store is a decision that must be made after carefully considering all the pros and cons. After all, this store is only conditionally virtual. In practice, it can bring: both good profits and tangible losses. In real life, opening a store is associated with a whole bunch of worries and troubles. You need to choose a place, make an assortment, develop a database of customers and suppliers, establish financial reporting algorithms, recruit and train staff.
Creating an online store in its organizational and commercial part is in many ways similar to opening a regular store. Here you also need:
- analyze the needs of the market (target audience) and select a popular assortment;
- to study competitors and methods of their work;
- correctly name your store, choose a memorable domain;
- choose a "place" for the store (hosting that meets its technical needs);
- develop and implement an advertising strategy.
Also, do not forget that suppliers and the delivery process, accounting and wages to employees in a virtual store are quite real.
What should you pay attention to when developing yourself?
If you decide to create an online store on your own, you will probably encounter many problems: both technical and organizational.
- The use of unverified scripts, components or modules can lead to incorrect operation of the resource, serious failures. Where should buyers go during this time? That's right - to the competitors!
- The lack of a search bar makes the site almost useless for the buyer. If the search form exists, but visitors don't see it, it's an oversight in the navigation device. The search form should be highlighted and placed at the top of the page, in full view of the visitor.
- Lack of product images in the catalog. The customer wants to see what he wants to buy. Preferably from all sides, with 3D visualization. No images - no sales!
- Poor quality text content (product descriptions, customer advice, reviews). Illiterate, too scarce information about products copied from manufacturers harms the image of the store. We need detailed characteristics, if possible, with real reviews.
- "Provocative" design - excessive graphics and other distracting elements only cause harm, lead away from the essence, interfere with the search for the desired object.
- Complex structure and poor navigation hinders the search for the right product. After wandering through the pages for several minutes, the buyer will go to another resource.
- No information about the campaign. The level of trust in you is determined by your openness. You will not give money to the first person you meet without knowing anything about him.
- Non-standard payment options can cause wariness.
- Delayed delivery, out of stock, denial of warranty service, not provided for the return of products - all these are bad helpers in your work.
As you can see, creating an online store that works "like clockwork" is not easy enough. If you need an effective resource, then you should turn to professionals. Believe me, the costs will pay off!