How to write a "Frequently Asked Questions" for an online store website?
If you have recently opened your online store or are just going to, and you are faced with the question of how to write "Frequently Asked" questions ("FAQ") for your site, then you can use the following instructions.
1. Do you cooperate with legal entities? Do you cooperate with individuals? There are online stores that cooperate only with individuals or only with legal entities. It's best to point this out ahead of time so as not to irritate either party when they realize they've wasted their time on your site. This way you won't create a bad impression about yourself. Sometimes individuals place orders on wholesale websites for legal entities, the online store does not respond to their orders, and this creates an unpleasant impression about the online store. And so that customers have fewer questions, if you work with both of them, you can write: “We work with both individuals and legal entities. ”
2. Provide customers with payment methods for orders in your online store so that they can choose the one that is convenient for them. It could be:
- payment in cash upon receipt;
- by bank transfer (transfer to a bank account);
- online payment ("Yandex Money", "Web Money", "Qiwi Wallet", payment by bank card on the site);
- C. O. D.
In the "FAQ" customers can indicate the most common problems that customers face when trying to pay for an order. It is better to do this because some of the customers, after an unsuccessful attempt to pay for the order, leave the website of the online store without buying anything and do not try to contact technical support.
Some customers confuse bank transfer and online payment. By bank transfer - this is when the client independently places an order on the site, the client receives a receipt (invoice, invoice-contract) by e-mail, the client prints it out on paper, goes to a branch of any bank and pays there. Online payment is a payment on the site with a bank card or through electronic wallets, when the client pays for the order without leaving home. For example, a client contacts an online store and says: “Something happened to your site, when will you fix it? I choose to pay by bank transfer, but there is nowhere to enter my card number.
It is necessary to take into account the type of bank card. For example, payment on the Visa card passes, but on the Visa Electron card it does not.
It is necessary to take into account the country of issue of the bank card. For example, when placing an order from abroad to be received in Russia, payment with a Visa card received from a foreign bank may not go through.
If the site does not display the "Buy", "Pay" buttons, then most often the reason for this is the incorrect operation of the client's browser. The client should be advised to access the site through a different browser. At the same time, it is better to explain what a “browser” is with examples - these are Mozilla, Google, Opera, etc. So the client will quickly understand what the problem is and will be able to solve it on their own and will not leave your site without a purchase, because it “does not work” and “does not work”.
Payment by bank transfer is usually used by legal entities, because. having a receipt (invoice, invoice-contract) on paper with notes of payment affixed at the bank branch, employees of the customer organization report to their accounting department.
Sometimes there is a need for an advance payment. Usually this is an order from a certain amount (for example, up to 10,000 rubles can be paid in cash upon receipt, and over this amount - only an advance payment), or delivery abroad or to the regions. If, for example, you need delivery from Moscow to Vladivostok for an order of 10,000 rubles. The fact is that the client may not redeem the product, change his mind, disappear, as a result, the online store will have to bear additional costs for return shipping from Vladivostok to Moscow. If the work of your online store involves the need for prepayment (in all cases or in part), then it is better to indicate this in the "FAQ".
3. Jur. people always ask if VAT is included in the price of the products indicated on the website.
4. Is there a minimum order amount? Which?
5. Delivery methods:
- Russian post and EMS,
- transport companies.
If delivery is carried out by transport companies, then the courier from the staff of the online store delivers the products from the warehouse in Moscow to the office of the transport company in Moscow. The client makes an advance payment for the products and courier delivery services within Moscow, and the client pays for the services of a transport company for delivery from Moscow to the destination city in cash upon receipt of the order.
6. Terms of order processing. There are times when the office of an online store is open on weekdays from 10:00 to 18:00. For example, a customer places an order on Friday at 20:49. On Monday, the client makes a scandal that the site says that the delivery is the next day, he made an order on Friday, it was not delivered on Saturday, it was not delivered on Sunday, but already Monday. But the most unpleasant thing is that a client can write negative reviews about your online store on the Internet. Thus, due to the incomplete awareness of the client in advance about the timing of order processing, the reputation of your online store may suffer.
7. Delivery times (for example, the next day, every other day, within three business days, etc. ).
Delivery times by transport companies can be viewed on the websites of the transport companies themselves (list those with which your online store cooperates).
8. Pickup is free and paid. Paid pickup is when a fee is charged for the courier to bring the products from the warehouse to the pickup point or pickup can be free from a certain amount of the order, and orders for a smaller amount are delivered to the pickup point for a fee. This, of course, the client must know in advance.
9. If there is a pickup, be sure to indicate the address on the website, describe the directions in detail with text and diagrams, pictures, photos. Specify the work schedule of pickup points, etc. Most individuals are attracted by self-delivery. You may lose a client who cannot locate your pickup point and redeem their order. And if the pickup point is very convenient for the client, he can become your regular customer, he will give preference to your online store, and not your competitors, because he is so used to a certain pickup point.
10. What documents will the client have on hand (usually an invoice and an invoice).
11. Guarantees. Security. Terms of return and exchange (some goods, according to the laws of the Russian Federation, are not subject to return and exchange, equipment has its own characteristics, since it involves warranty and after-sales service). The client must indicate how it is possible to make a return or exchange. For example, within two weeks from the date of receipt of the order, while maintaining the presentation and packaging, by filling out an application (in free form or according to the sample on the site indicating the reason for the return), and sending it by e-mail to the online store, attaching a photo of the marriage. There are cases of return and exchange of products of good quality (dress size did not fit) and products of inadequate quality (marriage). When returning products of good quality, the cost of delivery is deducted from the amount of money returned to the client. If this is a technique, then you must specify the addresses of service centers or provide a link to the manufacturer's website.
12. Shares. Discounts. Bonuses. Accumulative programs.
13. E-mail and phones for feedback.