What is CMS: what are the types of CMS and how to choose
The abbreviation CMS stands for Content Management System, Web Content Management System. This software package contains ready-made structure templates and functions for design and filling with data. To create and administer a website, you do not need to know a programming language. Thanks to the use of a content management system, it is convenient to maintain a web resource, since it:
- help organize a collaborative workflow to create content;
- observes the content access mode and works with the client;
- displays information in the most user-friendly format.
Important! The type of engine should be chosen based on the purpose of the project being implemented, taking into account the data being processed and their type (text, pictures, audio). Also consider the degree of its integration with analytical services, the possibility of optimizing images and the validity of the code.
Types of CMS
Among modern systems there are suitable for any content and solve narrow tasks. Some consist of many functional sections, while others are a single system. You can select simple, template, professional and universal. Consider the types of CMS in more detail.
A great option for sites with several pages with the easiest management. Their main advantages are free access to the network and free of charge. The cons include:
- the ability to change the settings is not provided;
- dynamic creation of pages is not provided;
- it is impossible to delegate the rights of the administrator.
Template systems also consist of a number of modules with a more complex structure. Their advantages:
- throughput up to 500,000 requests;
- support for dynamic pages;
- delegation of administrator rights;
- ease of learning.
They differ in a much higher level of complexity and change the structure of the web resource, they are designed to connect additional modules. Suitable for information portals.
They have impressive functionality. They are expensive and suitable for the implementation of web projects for which high dynamics are important, which implies:
- generating dynamic pages;
- web design change;
- modification of settings;
- structure change.
They are expensive and suitable for the implementation of web projects for which high dynamics are important.
Important! Whichever engine you choose, it should not duplicate pages. This will litter the search index and the desired page may be in low positions in the search results.
Main functions of CMS
Engines are a popular tool for creating a variety of content. With them, you can choose the best software, solve tasks, and also perform:
- management (restriction of access to information, deletion and editing of content);
- representation (making changes to the color palette or the location of elements);
- publication (the text is fully adapted to the design of the web resource).
Based on this, we can highlight the advantages, including a clear interface, simple operation, protection against hacker attacks. Many engines are multi-template and are regularly updated by developers. Their main advantages:
- you can make changes down to the smallest detail;
- different sections of the web resource, for example, blogs and a news feed, can be handled by different employees of the company;
- independence from developers and the introduction of innovations without obtaining their permission;
- extensibility, in which changes do not affect information and functionality.
CMS by Elbuz Jumper by ElbuzGroup
This is a powerful platform with which you can create an online store in 60 minutes! Suitable for beginners trying their hand at online trading, marketplace owners and freelancers.
CMS engine for a store is a simplification of daily work and an increase in its efficiency:
- 5 ready-made customizable templates for developing a unique and memorable design with your own hands;
- built-in support for quick promotion to the TOP;
- regular and competent software updates for correct and stable operation;
- clear and visual documentation and video instructions, thanks to which you can easily cope with the software;
- convenient processing of prices, price comparison of competitors and much more;
- scaling and powerful hosting on one server.
Get demo access for 14 days for free
The platform balance will be 50EUR. Unloading of 100 products + full functionality is available.
Basic principles of working with CMS
The use of a content management system allows you to:
- set up the necessary configuration using graphic elements, change the logo, footer, menu elements;
- administer the resource, managing user access, make notifications and mailings;
- you can upload pictures and texts to the store.
Note! Information about the settings is stored in the database on the MySQL server.
How to choose a CMS for a website?
The choice directly depends on the processed data. Criteria that a CMS must meet:
- simple and convenient editing that allows you to instantly publish and change content with a clear button interface;
- SEO-friendly to easily adapt the site to the requirements of search robots;
- content customization according to the needs of the target user audience;
- providing moderators and other users with additional features, including editing individual sections.
Important! Before choosing an engine, decide on the specifics of the web resource. If you are creating an online store with a payment system connection, stop at Opencart.
Disadvantages of a self-written content management system
In Ukraine, many web studios are developing CMS. They offer their products as a panacea for any Internet project. If the project is small, a self-written system may be suitable. But with its increase, much more resources will be required. Providing them is beyond the power of many software companies.
Other disadvantages of self-written software:
- weak protection against the actions of intruders;
- the constant need to update to avoid losing valuable data;
- limited access that prevents adjustments, the addition of new data and fundamental changes. Most companies promise customers the availability of such opportunities and assistance, but only a few keep their word.
Remember! A self-written engine with weak protection is an unjustified risk for online stores. Attackers can get hold of personal information, payment documents and credit card numbers.
It must be remembered that even with the advent of engines, managing a web resource has become simpler, but this tool is not an ideal remedy for the appearance of possible problems.
Popular CMS for the site
CMS systems are engines, some of which are designed to solve specific problems, while others are universal. The software is provided on a paid or free basis, has an open or closed source. Today, the market leaders include:
- WordPress is one of the most popular systems with high usability. It has a wide selection of widgets, plugins for galleries. Often used for blogs and news portals, it has a fairly simple admin panel, which even a beginner can master. You can edit files directly in the admin panel. The best option for those who want to create an easily administrable project with simple functionality. The most important thing in working with WordPress is to properly customize the settings.
- Joomla is characterized by a wide range of development options and a friendly user interface. Even an inexperienced user can install it. Constantly updated by the developer. Supports access control protocols OpenID, Gmail.com. Among the shortcomings - weakness and superficiality, a lot of paid plugins.
- 1C-Bitrix - integrates well with other 1C products and is suitable for the implementation of large projects. Has a large number of marketing tools. Among them are a social bar for sharing links, widgets for communicating with customers, sending notifications to authorized visitors. The advantage of 1C-Bitrix is unlimited scalability. You can start with a small blog or forum and end up with a huge portal with a huge number of employees. But the capabilities of the visual editor are limited, so it is better to use it to launch landing pages as part of the promotion of individual services.
- Opencart has open source and extended standard features for creating online stores. Understandable even for beginners. It is characterized by a large database of additional materials, integrates with popular payment and delivery services. It has its own analytical system with advanced functionality. The main disadvantage is the creation of duplicate pages. This error is fixed only after installing paid extensions.
- Okay CMS is equipped with a set of effective SEO tools to increase organic traffic and marketing tools to ensure the successful sale of products. It is open source and has over 100 store templates. Provides the ability to edit the code, but for this you need to have at least minimal knowledge in the field of programming.
Important! WordPress is the most versatile engine that can be used for most portals and blogs. Joomla is a great option for a corporate website. 1C-Bitrix will help you create online stores and more solid commercial projects. And ElbuzGroup software will help to automate the store and eventually turn it into a marketplace. Without exaggeration, it will replace an entire staff and will save at least € 500 per month. At the same time, routine tasks are performed ten times faster!
An example of CMS from Elbuz Jumper on the website
The program for your online store will eventually allow you to develop it to a marketplace thanks to cloud hosting. It allows you to add products in unlimited quantities and expand the range, easily adapts to other business needs. The store also integrates with various delivery and payment systems.
Using Elbuz Jumper, you will not only attract new clients, but also make your workflow much easier, save time:
- The software facilitates the analysis of prices and offers of competitors, bringing them into a single table. And thanks to price parsing, you are guaranteed to increase profits.
- You don't have to worry about forgetting to complete some important task. The program will set up a task scheduler for managers and monitor the timeliness of solving current issues.
- Lightning-fast communication with customers, allowing you to solve all problems at once.
- Creation of a single client base for mailings and analytics of the target audience.
- Continuous improvement of the marketing strategy.
Note! Elbuz Jumper is a great way to fully automate routine, time-consuming processes. Set up newsletters, price monitoring, price updates once and take care of other issues.
The cost of CMS from Elbuz Jumper and its payback
We offer to rent or buy a one-time license:
- Rent - from € 2. 87 per day.
Thanks to the program, you will create an online store from scratch, manage it and automate most of the processes. As a rule, the purchase of software fully pays off in 1 month.
We also offer favorable conditions to owners of web studios. Become our partner and get:
- 20% from the sale of our product during the year (€120 for each client);
- commission for the sale of software with installation on the client's server (€420);
- effective advertising that is guaranteed to attract new customers to you.
Test the program absolutely free of charge and see for yourself how effective it is! Within 14 days, you can explore the features of the software for free using the demo version. Want to get an instant answer to all questions about the program? Order a paid support service and our specialist will provide you with detailed advice!
Other functions of the Elbuz program
- Price Processing - Automatically compare your products and products from the price list, detect markups and quickly update your online store based on your markup.
- Filling the site with content - quickly adding products to the site without the human factor and errors, which increases the profitability of the business and allows you to save on the salary of the content developer and increase efficiency at times!
- Supplier monitoring - lightning-fast access to the most up-to-date information on supplier prices. Add your margin and update the store in a couple of minutes. And also - sell according to the dropshopping scheme with the maximum benefit for yourself.
- Competitor price monitoring – will provide competitively oriented prices and flexible pricing.
- The parser of competitors is a guaranteed availability of the most up-to-date database of products in your store without the involvement of a programmer or content manager.
- Creating a price list - the software performs the functions of an analyst, SEO specialist and content manager at the same time! You will quickly get a basic catalog of products based on the most up-to-date sources and create a basic price list for buyers.
- Creation of a database of goods - the formation of a large catalog with detailed technical characteristics of commodity units and photographs without a lot of time.
- Range expansion is a systematic approach to managing categories and keeping the catalog up to date, which optimally automates the routine work of managing the assortment of goods.
- Creating a description of products that will get into the search results and attract new customers. Fill in thousands of product cards with our software!
- SaaS platform for an online store is an engine for the success of your business, with which you can easily solve tasks that you were even afraid to approach before.
Please note: SaaS platform is the best way to develop your business to a marketplace. With it, you will effectively sell, increase profits and fully automate most processes. There is no need to involve programmers and designers in the performance of these tasks.
Any questions? Contact us through a special form on the site, specifying contact details for feedback. Automate your business and increase its profitability with us!