Silpo supermarket acquires fruit and vegetable delivery service OVO
The Silpo supermarket chain acquired the OVO fruit and vegetable delivery service, which was on the verge of closure.
Silpo takeover of OVO fruit and vegetable delivery service
Silpo supermarket chain owned by to the Fozzy Group, acquired OVO, a fruit and vegetable delivery service that was under threat of closure. According to Forbes, the amount of the deal is not disclosed, but it is possible that the conversation is about several hundred thousand dollars.
The startup OVO was founded in 2020 and was in danger of disappearing after the started war on the market. However, it had some potential that Silpo can use to improve its range and positioning in the fresh produce category. Experts believe that this takeover could be a great opportunity to test and improve delivery, particularly in the Fresh category — fresh vegetables and fruits.
Reasons for purchase
Silpo company could purchase a startup in order to get a team aimed at for food delivery that can achieve results quickly. The size of the Silpo team is not disclosed, but according to AIN.UA, as of June 2021, the company employed about 50 people.
- "Silpo" is a supermarket chain that is part of the Fozzy Group of companies .
- OVO is a vegetable and fruit delivery service acquired by the Silpo supermarket chain.
- Fozzy Group is a group of companies owned by the Silpo supermarket chain.
- Forbes is a publication that provides financial and business news.
- AIN.UA is a Ukrainian publication that deals with technological news and startups.