Artificial intelligence helps find a copper deposit in Zambia
Artificial intelligence is successfully studying the possibilities of finding valuable minerals. KoBold, which specializes in mining technologies, uses an innovative approach based on the use of artificial intelligence to locate strategic deposits needed for the development of green energy. The discovery of a promising copper deposit in Zambia called Mingomba was recently announced."""
Artificial intelligence helped in the flight for green energy, a large copper deposit was found in Zambia.
The energy future depends on the search for sources
Innovative technologies in mining
KoBold mining company implements the latest technologies in its processes, with the help of which it was possible to locate a large mineral copper mine in Zambia called Mingomba.This means new opportunities for green energy development and a transition to a sustainable and clean energy future.
Founders and Shareholders
- KoBold is based in San Francisco and has numerous shareholders, including Breakthrough Energy Ventures (backed by Bill Gates and Jeff Bezos), T. Rowe Price Group Inc ., Bond Capital, Andreesen Horowitz and Equinor ASA.
- The company is constantly working on improving mining technologies. The drilling process has been going on for more than a year and is yielding quite promising results.
- The copper deposit found in Zambia may be comparable to a similar deposit in the Congo, from which more than 400,000 tons of the precious mineral were extracted last year.
Production and future plans
KoBold plans to start production early next decade, but before that it needs to publish an updated reserve estimate and complete the necessary studies for the construction of the facility. It is preliminarily estimated that the cost of construction will be about 2 billion dollars.
Using artificial intelligence
Artificial intelligence is effectively used in the process of processing drilling data and in optimizing copper and cobalt prospecting in the Mingomba deposit. The main goal of the project is to predict shortages of materials such as cobalt, nickel and lithium, in order to ensure a stable supply of valuable resources in the long term.
- Mingomba is a copper deposit in Zambia, a large and promising
- KoBold is a San Francisco-headquartered mining company whose shareholders include Breakthrough Energy Ventures, T. Rowe Price Group Inc., Bond Capital, Andreesen Horowitz and Equinor ASA.
- Bill Gates and Jeff Bezos - founders and financial supporters of KoBold, actively promote the development of the mining startup.
- Congo is a country where there are also significant deposits of copper, which are successfully exploited in industry.
- More about the discovery of a copper deposit in Zambia: link