The website of the Ministry of Education is in a bad way: how Ukraine fights against cyber attacks
The website of the Ministry of Education is temporarily down due to an attack by hackers
Hackers attacked the cyber infrastructure of Ukraine
The website of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine is temporarily down due to an attack by hackers from of Russia This information was reported by the minister of the department Oksen Lisovyi in his twitter.
"Dear friends, something unexpected happened - the website of the Ministry of Education is temporarily down due to a Russian attack [cyber attack]. However, our specialists have already started restoring it," Lisovyi said on the X social network.
At the moment, it is not known exactly when the website will be restored.
Activity of cyberattacks on Ukraine
This cyberattack is not the first aimed at Ukrainian infrastructure. Since the beginning of Russia's invasion of Ukraine in 2022, cyber attacks on businesses and government institutions have become more widespread and larger. The number of cyber attacks in Ukraine increased by 62% in 2023.
In January 2023, Ukrzaliznytsia, Naftogaz, Ukrposhta and Ukrtransbezpeka became victims of cyber attacks.
monobank informs about the constant failure in the face of DDoS attacks.
At the end of 2023, the largest mobile operator of Ukraine, "Kyivstar", became the target of a large-scale hacker attack. Approximately 40% of the company's infrastructure was destroyed, and the damage was estimated at 3.6 billion hryvnias.
As part of Ukraine's cybersecurity support and efforts to strengthen the country's online security, Google provided 5,000 security keys to government employees.
- The Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine is a state department responsible for educational and scientific affairs in Ukraine.
- A cyberattack is a criminal act directed at a computer system or network.
- Russia is a neighboring country of Ukraine that pursues an aggressive policy and carries out cyber attacks on Ukrainian infrastructure.
- Ukraine is a sovereign state in Eastern Europe that suffers from cyberattacks from Russia.
- A DDoS attack is an attack in which attackers attempt to overload a computer system by sending a large flow of requests.
- monobank - a bank that provides services through a mobile application.
- "Kyivstar" company is the largest mobile operator in Ukraine.
- Google is an American technology company that has numerous online services and tools for network security.