Humanoid Robots 1X: Impressive Advances in Autonomous Operation
OpenAI demonstrated the operation of its 1X robots, which are controlled by a neural network trained to perform various tasks. Robots successfully manipulate objects, open doors, move through warehouses and connect to the power grid.
1X robots: intelligence controlled by a neural network
Unusual design of 1X robots
OpenAI introduced 1X robots that differ from traditional humanoids and use a pair of powered wheels to move around. Despite lacking arms and legs, these robots can perform a variety of tasks, such as lifting objects and warehouse manipulation.
Advantages of 1X robots
1X robots have low task complexity, but they successfully perform with tasks autonomously. They can pick up objects, put them in boxes, open doors and connect to charging stations. The company trained 30 Eve robots to perform these tasks through simulated video learning and teleoperation.
- OpenAI is a Norwegian artificial intelligence and robotics company ;
- 1X is the name of robots developed by OpenAI;
- Eve - a humanoid robot, one of the 1X robot models;
- Optimus Tesla is a robot that raised a lot of questions during the demo;
- Series A and Series B are funding rounds in which OpenAI received investment.