The construction of the Bayraktar drone production plant began near Kyiv
In Kyiv, the construction of a factory where Bayraktar drones will be produced has already begun.
Bayraktar plant - news from the world of drones
Construction of a plant near Kyiv has begun
One of the leading manufacturing companies in the field of defense industry, Baykar, started construction of a new factory in Kyiv. At this enterprise, the TB2 or TB3 model drones will be manufactured, Haluk Bayraktar, the company's general director, told Reuters.
Plans for completion of construction and plant capacity
- It is noted that construction of the plant will take about 12 months. After that, the company will start installing the equipment and organizing the production premises.
- The plant's capacity will be able to produce approximately 120 drones per year. However, it is not yet known which model the Ukrainian plant will focus on - TB2 or TB3.
- Regarding security issues related to the conflict in the east of Ukraine, Haluk Bayraktar replied that the company's plans are "fully moving forward" and "nothing can stop them."
Bayraktar drones in military use
After the effective use by Ukrainian troops in the fight against Russian aggression, drones produced by Baykar have become famous all over the world. Thanks to them, the enemy's armored vehicles and artillery systems were neutralized.
Bayraktar drones in global export operations
Baykar has signed export agreements with 30 countries, including Ukraine, Ethiopia, Libya and Azerbaijan. One of the most popular models is the TB2 drone. According to the research center SIPRI, more than 230 units of these drones have been shipped per year.
Production plans at the Ukrainian Bayraktar plant
The Baykar company reported that the plant in Kyiv will be able to manufacture not only the TB2 model, but almost all available models of drones.
- Bayraktar is a Turkish manufacturing company specializing in the production of drones.
- TB2 is a drone model used in worldwide military operations and exported to many countries.
- TB3 is another drone model developed by Baykar.
- Reuters is an international news agency that distributes news from various fields.
- SIPRI is an international peace research institute located in Stockholm, Sweden.