Large-scale cybersecurity forum in Kyiv: Resilience during cyber war
On February 7-8, an international forum on cybersecurity will be held in Kyiv, where the topic “Resilience during cyberwar” will be discussed. The event will be attended by foreign experts in the field of cybersecurity, heads of Ukrainian companies and officials, including Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council Alexei Danilov, Head of the Ministry of Digital Development Mikhail Fedorov and Minister of Defense Rustem Umerov.
Cybersecurity Forum in Kiev
Event objectives and participants
This forum is a joint initiative of the National Cybersecurity Coordination Center (NCCC) ) under the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine and the US Civil Research and Development Foundation (CRDF Global). It is supported by the US State Department. The main goal of the event is to rethink the Ukrainian experience in cyber warfare and its application for the development of strategies in the countries of the democratic world. The event also aims to improve cyber resilience using modern technologies and active cyber defense.
Key topics and speakers
The main focus will be on strengthening the cyber resilience of military technologies, protecting critical infrastructure and countering disinformation using OSINT technologies. The event program will cover the following topics:
- The role of cybersecurity in modern wars and cyber resilience: Ukrainian experience and lessons for peace
- Cyberwar and international law: modern approaches, gaps and prospects
- Cyber diplomacy - synchronizing national interests with the global agenda of cyberspace and digital transformation
- Large public and private companies as an element of state cyber resilience
- Strengthening the stability of the national cybersecurity system through education and capacity development
- Messenger security
- The role of cyber threat intelligence to ensure the sustainability of the state and business
- Development of innovative products in Ukraine
- Regional cybersecurity
- Countering modern hybrid threats
The event will be attended by international experts, Ukrainian officials, representatives of IT companies and businesses.
The forum will also include cybersecurity competitions for public and private sector specialists. Participants will be able to improve their qualifications and gain new skills in workshops and trainings.
The organizers plan to hold the forum annually to create a platform for sharing the best practices and coordination of actions to combat cyber threats. The forum also aims to strengthen international cooperation and increase global resilience in cyberspace. Time will tell whether the forum will become a Ukrainian Black Hat and whether it will be beneficial.
The full list of speakers and event schedule can be found on the website cyberforumkyiv.org. We will follow the news from the forum and publish announcements.
If you missed the article-essay by the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine Valery Zaluzhny for CNN, in which he emphasized the importance of digital technologies for creating a new system of technological re-equipment, you can read it here in Ukrainian.
Answers to questions
The International Cybersecurity Forum will be held on February 7-8 in Kyiv.
The main topic of the forum will be “Resilience during cyberwar”.
Respected foreign experts in the field of cybersecurity, top Ukrainian companies and Ukrainian officials will speak at the forum, including Secretary of the National Security and Defense Council Alexey Danilov, Head of the Ministry of Digital Development Mikhail Fedorov and Minister of Defense Rustem Umerov.
- National Cybersecurity Coordination Center (NCCC)
- US Civilian Research and Development Foundation (CRDF Global)
- US Department of State