Elon Musk gives up his phone number and switches to X for $8 per month
Elon Musk plans to ditch his phone number in favor of using X for text messages and audio/video calls.
Technology Elon Musk
Elon Musk decides to leave phone number a thing of the past
Billionaire plans to completely switch to using X for texting messages and audio/video calls instead of your phone number. This is Elon Musk's decision to attract new users of the X Premium subscription to the platform. The subscription costs $8 per month and only paid users can make calls.
In a few months I will stop using my phone number and will only use X for text and audio/ video calls
- Elon Musk (@elonmusk) February 9, 2024
Security and concerns
Not using a phone number raises security concerns, particularly regarding SMS verification codes for two-factor authentication. However, the X Premium platform offers this option for its paid users. Other users can use authentication programs or security keys.
X Premium Features
The X Premium platform includes audio and video calling features, which were activated in October. This is an additional attractive factor for users who decide to subscribe to X Premium and gain access to these features.
- Elon Musk is a famous entrepreneur, founder and CEO Director of Tesla and SpaceX.
- X is a platform for text messages and audio/video calls.
- X Premium is a paid subscription on the X platform that provides additional features.
- SMS is a short message sent via a mobile network.