The IT community of Ukraine called for finalization of the draft law on mobilization
The main IT associations of Ukraine made a call to finalize the draft law on mobilization, which received the support of the Verkhovna Rada. They believe that this draft law can negatively affect the development of the IT industry and business in Ukraine.
Mobilization in the IT industry of Ukraine
In the IT industry, heated disputes arise regarding the new draft law. Some key points that concern the public:
- Review by the Cabinet of the order of reservation of conscripts within a month from the date of publication the law
- It is the duty of citizens to register the personal account of a conscript, conscript, reservist and receive summonses through the electronic account.
- Limitation of persons staying abroad in the performance of consular services without military registration documents.
In addition, the new draft law has additional risks:
- Short terms for making changes to accounting information without sufficient justification
- Exclusion of deferment from mobilization for persons receiving a second higher education.
- Re-examination of all persons with limited fitness before the end of the year.
Requirements and solutions
The IT community calls for a stop and finalization of the draft law, taking into account the positions of the public and business. They also propose to implement mechanisms for booking key employees, automatic booking for the quarter and discuss the risks and consequences for the industry and the state with representatives of the IT community. The IT industry of Ukraine is ready to provide expert support and help resolve issues.
The importance of the IT industry for Ukraine
The IT industry is the basis of the Ukrainian economy, occupying a large share in the export of services. Although revenue has decreased over the past year, the IT industry continues to play an important role in the country's development.
- IT Ukraine Association: The largest union of IT companies in Ukraine, which is engaged in protecting the interests of the industry.
- Lviv IT Cluster: Association of IT companies in Lviv, focusing on the development of industry in the city.
- Kharkiv IT Cluster: An initiative that unites Kharkiv IT companies and promotes its establishment on the map of the global IT industry.