Apple Vision Pro: 600+ apps for VR headset, no Netflix or YouTube
There are more than 1 million headset-specific apps available in the Apple Vision Pro store, including iPad versions.
More than 600 new programs and games for Apple Vision Pro
Apple announced that more than 600 programs and games specially developed for Vision Pro are now available in the app store for this headset. In addition to the previously announced streaming apps, users will be able to access apps from leading cable TV providers, including Charter, Spectrum, Comcast, Cox, Sling TV and Verizon Fios.
With the NBA app on Apple Vision Pro, basketball fans can watch up to five games at once and easily switch between windows.
Several NBA and PGA Tour Vision-related programs are also available that allow users to view players' heads in real time overlaid on 3D models of real fields. In addition, more than 250 Apple Arcade games will also be available on Vision Pro, including popular games like Lego Builder's Journey, Super Fruit Ninja, Bloons TD 6, Skatrix Pro, What the Golf?, Cut the Rope 3 and more.
Other interesting programs for Vision Pro include Hold the World, which allows you to “visit” the Natural History Museum in London in virtual space; J.Crew Virtual Closet, where you can shop for clothes virtually, and Wayfair Decorify, where you can create designs for your home.
Vision Pro also supports a variety of productivity programs, including Box for file sharing, MindNode for brainstorming, and OmniFocus and OmniPlan for task and project management. Additionally, users can take advantage of the JigSpace app, which offers interactive spatial presentations with 3D content, audio, video and text on Vision Pro.
Other office apps supported on Vision Pro include Webex, Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Slack, Notion and Todoist.
Unfortunately, Netflix and YouTube apps are not supported on Vision Pro at this time and users will be able to access these services through a web browser.
Apple Vision Pro is available now in US stores for $3,499, with prescription lenses available for an additional $149.
Answers to questions
The Apple Vision Pro headset offers more than 1 million compatible apps, including apps from cable providers, streaming services, and specialized apps in areas such as: like sport and design. Some of them include NBA, PGA Tour Vision, Apple Arcade and many more.
The Netflix and YouTube apps are not available on the Apple Vision Pro headset, but users can access these services through the headset's built-in browser.
The Apple Vision Pro headset is available in US stores for $3,499, with a $149 surcharge for prescription lenses.
- Apple Vision Pro is Apple's augmented reality headset designed for viewing content and using specialized applications.
- NBA - National Basketball Association, professional basketball league in North America.
- PGA Tour - PGA Tour (English Professional Golfers' Association Tour), an organization that manages professional golf tournaments.
- Apple Arcade is a subscription service from Apple that provides access to a wide range of games for Apple devices, including Apple Vision Pro.
- Lego Builder's Journey is a game available on the Apple Vision Pro headset where the player builds structures out of Legos.
- Apple announced more than 600 new apps designed specifically for Apple Vision Pro headset.