Apple iOS 18: more transparency and new interface
The iOS operating system will soon receive interface updates, namely visionOS elements.
The iOS interface will be updated with the introduction of visionOS
The appearance of visionOS in iOS for iPhone
According to the site The Verifier, Apple plans to redesign the iPhone operating system by adding elements of visionOS. A similar design is already used in the Vision Pro mixed reality headset and will now be used in the Apple TV program on iPadOS 18. The new version of tvOS 17.2 also received a translucent sidebar, which is expected to be introduced on iPad when updating to iPadOS 18.
Design redesign in iOS 18
According to the site Wccftech , Apple plans to redesign system programs in iOS 18, including Safari. The appearance of several menus and system elements can be changed. However, this has not yet been confirmed and the official unveiling of the new version is expected at the 2024 WWDC event.
Big iOS 18 update
The introduction of visionOS and a redesign are just part of the expected changes in iOS 18. According to Bloomberg's Mark Gurman, the new operating system will be Apple's most ambitious update in years. It will feature new artificial intelligence features and will have "ambitious changes across the board," according to Craig Federighi, Apple's head of software engineering. The system will also introduce an updated version of Siri with an AI language model and AI integration into various apps, including Messages, Apple Music, iWork and Xcode.
- visionOS - design language used in the iOS operating system with elements of combined reality Vision Pro
- Apple TV - Apple television device and application that allows streaming content on various devices
- iOS - Mobile operating system developed by Apple for iPhone devices
- Safari - Web browser developed by Apple
- WWDC - (Worldwide Developers Conference) Annual event organized by Apple for software developers
- iPadOS - Operating system specifically developed by Apple for iPad devices
- Siri - Voice an assistant developed by Apple that answers questions and executes commands
- iWork - A set of applications for working with documents, spreadsheets and presentations developed by Apple
- Xcode - Integrated application development environment for iOS and macOS developers